Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Mazzon Posted:

New poster here, hi.

Let’s have a quick recap what it’s like to start posting here: First, anything and everything you say will be met with a uniform response of “shut up, **** off, who are you, nobody asked you, go away.” So you tell yourself ok, this is a game about trolling, they’re being ironic, they don’t really hate me. Maybe you convince yourself, maybe you quit, but you’ll never really know for sure.

Guilty as charged now and then. Log in to see images! It can be an intimidating site to join. That was why I wrote the good posting article. I wanted to help keep people around and maybe inspire creative, fun, but maybe a bit sensitive people to stick around. I did a lousy job of structuring it and the rules forum pretty well overruled it. That’s why it’s been constantly reverted back and forth by ricket and skyman. I washed my hands of it a long, long time ago.

Also it’s a vibe. Patience and lurking are well known forum virtues for good reason. This is a pretty established site, so if you’re new you’re coming into some history. Some of that history is actually pretty awesome, like Myspace Tom and PANTS.

Second, you look for funny stuff posted by others. You look, and you look… look some more… keep looking… nope, not a thing. The only humour is old posters making jokes about other old posters whom you don’t know so it’s not funny to you.

Actually, if you really start looking through full of won, you start to realize that people were just making **** up then just like now. It’s just there were some really creative, funny, awesome people here when the site started and many of them vanished or got permabanned.

So I don’t want to complain but the scene here really isn’t the easiest to get in to.

This is a tough site for a lot of reasons. It’s a nightmare to mod. The simple mod rules of other forums (“don’t be an bumhole”Log in to see images! doesn’t really apply here. Also one of the most fun ways to troll authorities like mods or admins is to nitpick rules. So hence we have one of the most thorough rules pages around and it’s getting longer every day.

Anyway I’d say flamebait is dying but I don’t think it exactly is. I think there’s just a new crew rising again.

I don’t know if a dedicated RP section would help. I don’t know anything really. I’ve been complaining in the rules forum for a few months and it’s funny to me that this thread is out here.

IMO the only thing that can really fix flamebait is a strong fist. Nobody ever got hurt over a dumb ban now and then and it’s time to stop apologizing for doing your jobs, mods. Not that you do exactly now. But i don’t know. I don’t know anymore. Dunno if I care. Most of the people I care most about here I have contact info for offsite. So well the only thing keeping me here right now is scully’s contest.

Drama filled exits have never really been my style. I’ll probably just post less and post less and slowly fade away. I’m glad you .moar grinders like some of my files though Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!