Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

SoronTheBeast Posted:

NO SRSLY! to the OP:

The issues is not that you’re not funny, or that lame entries win, it’s that you have to understand the “brand” of humor in Forumwarz. You have to know your audience. A comedian is not going to do the same stand-up routine in a NY nightclub he does in and Alabama bar.

Now, about your “clan voting” problem. I’m sure it does happen, but if you’re found out the penalties are high. Also, it’s hard to get anyone to to ANYTHING on the internet consistently. So, while maybe one week someone DOES win that way, they are not going to be able to convince those same group of people to vote again the next week and the next next week. Trust me.

Speaking of consistency, sometimes lots of people just decide to downvote in a row. I have had one entry that -5’ed in 7 votes win it all the next week. (direct C/P, same entry) The signal to noise ratio in a game like this is pretty high. If you think you have a winner, you just have to keep trying with it.

I will admit, at first, I though maybe it was all clan voting, but as I kept trying and studied the trends, I realized there is just a lot of noise. But, what convinced me 100% it was not all clan voting was this. One week I told my buddy about forumwarz, and then did not talk to him for about two weeks, when, out of the blue, he aims me and says “Hey, I won that forumbuildr thing see?” No clan, never played before, and he did not even tell me he was playing, let alone tried to get me to vote for him.

His entry was just, well, funny.

tl;dr, make lots of submissions with male reproductive organ jokes, dead memes, and racism (preferably all 3)

sdgrbass09 edited this message on 02/24/2010 10:06AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!