Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Dunatis Posted:

Back to Pascal though, I try to be Good for a Log in to see images!

This is pretty much my stance; if there’s really some sort of loving God, then I doubt he’d be petty enough to damn me just because I spent my life being a rational person. If getting into heaven requires me to believe something that there’s no logical basis for believing in, I can’t imagine the place would be much of a paradise for me, anyhow. The existence of some higher being is a non-issue, and the sooner people stop worrying about where they’re going after they die, the sooner they can fix the place they live.

Drakodan Posted:

Sadly, Pascal’s wager is about as basic as religious scepticism gets, and in contrast, some of the arguments for Gods existence are extremely weak, such as Descartes’ argument. ‘I have an idea of God, and it didn’t come from nowhere, so God must exist for the thought to exist.’

I have an idea of a furry purple beast with teal spots that shoots lasers from his incisors and eats male humans exclusively. Where does Descartes suppose that thought came from? I’m afraid to go to sleep now.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!