Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Well, I argue against atheist and theist all the time. (Its more or less my hobby, studying arguments for and against) I like arguing against atheists more because they tend to be more open to logic and whatnot so I can more easily debate them on their own terms. Theists tend to be a bit more “I have personally evidence with God I can’t really share” (Normally they had dream or feeling about God that they can’t share, which is more or less impossible to argue against.)

Anyway, if we were to follow through with your “Religion caused more bad than good” (which is something you probably could say if you summed over all of time, however, if you were just looking at religion, say, in the last 20 years it might be harder to prove because religion has lost much of its ability to cause wars, but is still very much apart of humanitarian efforts… but anyway)

Following through with that, as a reason to get rid of religion instead of reforming it, I would say we should get rid of all government FIRST, since government has been responsible for every war, EVER, So, it is worse than religion. However, we should probably get rid of science too, since it made every weapon, ever. But, I would say it would be better to just work on making all 3 ‘better,’ instead of getting rid of them.

But, I don’t think that your advocating getting rid of religion (sometimes atheists do that) you’re more saying skepticism is better.

And I agree.

SoronTheBeast edited this message on 01/29/2010 6:19PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!