Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

This is the most competent post in this thread. I mean, the signs are everywhere: the site is getting tons of new players, hence hosting it costs more, CZ has been frantically dishing out new **** one can buy with bps for the past half a year or so (remember when wordfilters and emotes were something only CZ could do?), JB went back to his job as soon as he could reasonably do so (i.e. as soon as the ep 3 story was done). I recommend you all buy FWZ Orange as soon as you can, as it’s p obvious that without more support from us, the people enjoying this community, we can kiss FWZ goodbye.

Lol i sound like Noah. I’m all like REPENT SINNERS! THE END IS NIGH!

I wouldn’t presume to speak for ET, but I don’t think it’s the case that bandwidth and hosting costs scale up 1:1 with new users. There’s a new host, it’s already paid for; the only incremental cost is maintenance on the hardware and bandwidth, so far as I know.

The issue is that ET would probably very much like to continue working on FWZ, but without some form of reasonably steady income, that can’t happen. I don’t think it’s the case that *more* is needed, just a *more steady* stream, if you catch the difference. ET can obviously speak for himself if need be, that’s just the way I see it.

ETA: I’ve run a business though, and I know from that that no matter what you do, there’s always somebody who knows how to do it better. Everybody is entitled to an opinion of course, but Christ, it’s bleeding obvious there’s some people here who’ve never had to wonder if their next paycheque would be enough to cover rent, never mind silly incidentals like “food”. Running your own small business is _very_ different from _any_ job where somebody else is giving you some guarantee of hours = money, even if that job sucks and the money is low. If you’ve never done it, try it some time. Most fun and most stressful 2.5 years of my life. And my business was making money. Usually.

kraigu edited this message on 01/25/2010 10:59AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!