Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Rad-X Posted:

From what I’ve heard of Bayonetta, it’s Devil May Cry + half-naked Librarian chick who’s outfit is made of her own hair. Had a female friend who was playing it tell me there’s not a sentence said in the entire game that doesn’t include a sexual innuendo of some kind.

lol yeah pretty much. Log in to see images!

Rad-X Posted:

If you want a game that puts sex first, and game second, then play Bayonetta. If you want a game that puts brutality first, second and third then play God of War.

No. No no no no and again no. People miss the point. Bayonetta’s constant sexual displays and bad smutty one-liners are just like Dante’s ridiculous posturing: silly stuff intended to be humorous and part of the overall delightful ridiculousness of the game, NOT the focus. Underneath all the glitz and insanity lies a downright enjoyable and excellent game. Bayonetta, like DMC, is a game that KNOWS it’s a just a game (and not trying to pbum itself off as An Experience like so many big titles), and proceeds to have a stupid good time being just that.

It’s easy to dismiss it as yet another cash-in on sad geeks at face value. I did the same at first, until I saw Platinum Games (aka Clover Team, aka Viewtiful Joe, Okami, God Hand, Mad World) were behind it, and the designer behind the DMC series was on the team. Figured I’d try it. Was NOT disappointed.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!