Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I am thoroughly annoyed with those people who have convinced themselves that sarcasm cannot be conveyed through text alone, whether they be incompetent readers trying to justify their lack of understanding, or incompetent writers trying to justify their poor word selection and use of tone. Good writers have a solid, evident voice which should defeat the purpose of any gimmicky punctuation marks like the one described in the article.

You don’t need to see a person or physically hear their inflection to understand that what they’re saying is intended to be sarcastic; you just need to use exercise your brainpower a little. It’s a real shame that thinking has become so very difficult for the teeming mbumes.

Oh, I just realized I wasn’t supposed to post on topic.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!