Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inconnu Posted:

Dear Spacekadt. Probably unlike you, some players have a really extensive experience in administrating multiple gaming projects and even possess some development skills. Such knowledge (and of course, the very common sense) helps players in building bumumptions sometimes, which, as referred to ET’s answer you quoted, sometimes come out true. Some of the Dom enhancements are indeed really easy to implement – that was exactly my point as stated.

And some of us, despite knowing how databases work, know that people design things differently. Some of us have seen people get really ****ing sick and tired of people bumuming that things are simple when they aren’t. Some of us have been around for said rants about said subjects. Some of us are clued into the fact that bumumptions are often wrong and that unless you have first hand knowledge or have *seen* the way things work with your own two eyes, that you really don’t know anything for a fact. You’re making a guess. Some of them are, yes. And I said as much. Some of them aren’t.

Inconnu Posted:

Also, despite I really appreciate your loyalty to CZ, I would like to mention that players ultimately possess the right to have their own opinions and even share it sometimes in a threads like this. On the other hand, any game administration has a right to either respond to such opinions or not. I respect this right and naturally won’t be offended in case ****tard’s (and many others) opinions would not lead to any practical implementation.

I suggest you look up the definitions of “bumumption”, “opinion” and “fact”. While fact doesn’t exactly apply here, what you’re stating is very definitely not opinion. It’s an bumumption – one that has some basis in fact, some is horribly wrong.

Please notice: nowhere did I say that I disagree with ****tard. I think she has good suggestions and I agree with them. I just think the timing is wrong for some of them. My response that you’re taking such issue with has nothing to do with her suggestions, it’s with this exact quote:

Inconnu Posted:

I’m damn sure theme weeks are enabled/disabled in the admin console. The interface is already preset, no coding required. Not at all. All it takes is a gentle click on the mouse bumon.

You don’t know that to be fact. Stop presenting it as such. You want to say “Hey ET, you really should have foreseen the need to make that an option for yourself,” then that’s fine. That’s an opinion that you have every right to and whether I agree or not is completely out of the picture. When you say “no coding requred. Not at all.” that’s no longer opinion. You’re presenting that as a fact – whether true or not.

Dunatis Posted:

Hi Spacey, how is being the Devil’s Advocate working out for you?

It’s one of my favorite games. Especially when it coincides with my real opinions Log in to see images!

Dunatis Posted:

Didn’t they say though that they would have the Dom season end timed with the Launch of Episode 3? Oh hey! Launch is on the 20th which is a Wednesday! I guess everyone better get out their dueling gloves because it is officially on to get those season peen before the end now.

Unfortunately, no. That’s a lot of what has everyone so frustrated right now… there’s no decided end of the current season. With ep2’s release, they ended the season so it kinda makes sense that they’d end the season for the ep3 release, but we’re a week away and there’s no announcement. Last season end, Binge finally figured out that we need more than a week’s notice to get ourselves set up the way we want to be for season end. Putting both of those together kinda contradict each other so, yeah, confusion. I’ll poke ET today and see if Binge has said anything about season end. It’d be good to know – that’s for sure. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!