Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

ChilePepino Posted:

hey remember when i posted lies in a CD thread title and Cid changed it and i got banned for 3 days?

This is pretty much the same except it is not funny.

It’s directly related to Fermat’s theorem, he scribbled it in the margin along with said theorem, in the margin of a book with some related maths in it. If you were familiar with that you’d read it and go “that is quoting Fermat, he must be selling that file that references the same thing”

Also it was unsolved for rather a long time, and had a reputation as a big important problem. Hence the moar file, hence also the “guarantees you a Fields medal” thing. It wouldn’t get you a medal now, but it probably would have… if someone else hadn’t already solved it. (NB. too lazy to go check if the eventually solver did win a medal or award of any kind… I think the medal has an upper age limit on it, so as to encourage younger mathematicians to do important things.

Shii Posted:

You jerk. Now I have to wait even longer to put up my fermat’s. I was waiting for Aldo’s to finish. Log in to see images!

Sorry Shii, I will consider your auction prospects more carefully next time. (So I know, would putting up a second one of these just shortly before this one ends interfere with your plans at all?)

man-man edited this message on 12/03/2009 1:33PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!