Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Hey Forumwarriorz,

As you’ve probably noticed, the forums have been pretty dead lately. Just the way I like it! Log in to see images!

So to remedy that, it’s time we encouraged some more creative role-playing!

Come up with an idea for a great gimmick alt. That is, an alter-ego with a very specific personality quirk. As long as it’s interesting, outlandish or funny, the sky’s the limit.

Tubmail me your idea. Include your alt’s name and a concise description. You can include other details (sample thread topic, custom sig ideas, etc), but don’t make it much more than 100 words.

You can include an idea for an avatar as well, or give me a link to some artwork. Tubmail me here.

You may enter as many times as you want. Just be sure to keep the ideas short and sweet. I’ll only consider truly well-considered entries.

From there, I will take the best ideas and subject them to Creative Sweatshop voting. The best ideas will rise to the top. Sweatshoppers are not exempt from enterting but they will be asked not to vote on their own entries (don’t worry, you can trust them).

If your character is deemed worthy, CZ will buy you your alt for 70 BP. That’s 45 for a new character, 15 for an avatar and 10 for a custom title. That’s what you must spend it on.

A minimum of five gimmick alts will be paid for, with no theoretical maximum.

The bonus BPs can be spent towards things like a new IDC color (flashy!), a word filter (impressive!), cheats (look like less of a newb!), ads (promote your gimmickiness!) or even an emoticon (immortalize yourself!). Generally, though, you are expected to spend your BP prizes on enhancing your gimmick alt’s presence.

By entering, you are agreeing to actually role-play with your gimmick alt. I’m not saying you all have to flood the boards with crap over the next week. But I expect you to actually use the player you’ve created, with some consistency, throughout your “career” on Flamebate.

After all, this contest is to create lasting, well-loved gimmick alts. Do this properly, and believe me, we’ll make it worth your while. Log in to see images!

You have until Sunday, December 6, 2009, 2:00 p.m. EST to get your Tubmails in. Please allow some time for sorting and voting before I pay the winners.

Do not share your ideas in this thread! If you even hint at your identity, it could skew the voting.

Good luck, and happy gimmicking! Log in to see images!
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!