Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Shii Posted:

AAHZ, let’s do some basic math. Firstly, I like you, and you like me, so try to take a rest on the victim mentality for a sec while reading my post.

I have $5.

In an unsurprisingly narratively convenient fashion, hamburgers also cost exactly $5.

I can buy one hamburger.

Uh oh! Prices just doubled!

Hamburgers cost $10 now!

But wait — my salary also doubled. I have $10 now.

For the same input of effort, I have enough money to get the same reward before. Therefore, economically speaking, my consumer satisfaction level is unchanged.

Switch out salary for BP and Hamburgers to anything you’re buying on this game. Your consumer satisfaction level SHOULD be unchanged, if you’re a rational consumer (which in economic terms is always given as an bumumption).

If you disagree, you’re being irrational, and therefore do not factor into economic concerns.

I think you’re missing his point. In his example, the cost of your hambuger, and your salary, both increased to 10 million dollars. Making currency seem completely devalued.

It’s still not a strong argument imo, and certainly not worth spending more energy on. At least by me.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!