Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

My great grandfather was pretty amazing – if I remember rightly (I would have heard this when I was quite young, so I’m not 100% certain) he fought in, and survived, both World Wars. Stayed healthy and active right up to his last moments, then quietly pbumed away when he sat down to catch his breath after coming in from the shops (or something similar).

Has to be said, if there’s any good way to die then that’s the one. No drawn out illness or pain, just take a quick nap but don’t wake up.

I don’t really have an emotional connection to anyone who died in the wars, so Remembrance events (minute silences and the like) always feel a little awkward for me. I think it’s only respectful to be grateful for those who fought, and those who died, for our freedom… on the other hand it can be hard to decouple respect for the dead from glorifying war – there should be equal respect given to the survivors, but the focus is too often on the “heroes of war”, when war is really no place to look for glory.

... and if there’s a peen, that’d be cool too. Just saying.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!