Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Dorque

Avatar: 84988 Sat Nov 29 18:46:03 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Hey all, I’m sure you’ve all noticed my ad for Lockerz by this point.

What I didn’t realize before I made it is that many people still haven’t heard of Lockerz – and that most of those who have are very misinformed… thanks to spammy, full-of-crap ads all over the internet. Heh.

So, in an effort to enlighten, here are the real facts about Lockerz – what it is, and why you want to join. Most of this is blatantly ripped from Lockerz own FAQs, with some of my own commentary for good measure.

1. What is Lockerz? Lockerz is an invitation-only worldwide community where members can find entertainment, shopping and a full social network all on one website. Members are rewarded for almost everything they do on the site—whether it’s buying a cool new brand, watching a video, playing a game, answering a daily question or even just logging in. At launch, Lockerz will have more than 15 ways for members to earn PTZ.

2. What types of products can be purchased at Lockerz? We’ve partnered with thousands of the best brands and stores to bring you the latest and greatest in every category – electronics, designer gear, stylish accessories, sports equipment and more. Members will soon be able to purchase digital bumets such as music, videos, art, and decals.

3. What can you do with PTZ on Lockerz? PTZ can be used only on Lockerz right now for free prizes in PTZ Place, for entering amazing sweepstakes as many times as you want in the same contest, and for charity donations. After launch, PTZ may be used for amazing discounts on items for sale, free shipping, VIP experiences across the globe as well as free prizes and charity donations in PTZ Place.

7. Does Lockerz ship internationally? Yes.

10. How will Lockerz make money? Starting later this fall, you will be able to purchase products at Lockerz. But don’t worry, PTZ Place will still be around, with way more prizes and experiences. Members will be able to earn PTZ every time they buy, watch, play, share, invite friends, or simply show up on Lockerz. PTZ will be redeemable for both products and experiences.

All right, it goes on for a lot more useless crap, but you get the idea – at least, the idea of what they’re telling you. Here’s the rest of it.

The real deal is that Lockerz is being operated by Kathy Savitt. She’s the former VP of Amazon and former CEO of American Eagle Outfitters, and she did so well at both that she’s decided to start her own company. She still has some pretty good contacts at Amazon though, since they keep giving away Amazon gift certificates on the cheap. It’s worth noting that she and Lockerz are also directly sponsored by Liberty Media, which is probably where a lot of their profit will come from (Liberty is HUGE and will probably do a lot of advertising there.)

So, why’s it matter to you? Because PTZ are easy to earn. All you have to do is show up on the site every day for two minutes. And if you can manage ForumWarz, you can manage to show up on Lockerz.

In addition, since Lockerz is still in beta, all of the prizes are incredibly cheap right now. You could grab a new PS3 game in about a month with two minutes of your time every day (less if you have a fast connection. =P) Also because it’s in beta, it’s invite-only membership right now, so you need to get someone to invite you… which is where I come in, of course.

So, that’s the scoop. Hopefully someone finds themselves more informed. Log in to see images!

Oh yeah, have to post the obligatory invite link. Follow it for a fast, free, safe and secure Lockerz invite, if you’d like one.

http://www.thebotnet.com/lockerzinvite/?user=Dorque

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!