Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

man-man Posted:

I came across the HTDTE page, and the rest of the guy’s website, and found it freaking hilarious. I didn’t really expect the sub to win to be honest, so I wasn’t expecting this to come up. If it offends you that I saw something awesome and wanted to maybe make some buildr jokes about it then… well I don’t even know what recourse there is at this point. My sincerest apologies if I’ve ****ed off the plagiarism police.

I haven’t gotten around to submitting anything yet (end time is 2am here, I’m busy all morning and most of the afternoon… could be this evening before I’ve got any time to make with the funny). I don’t know how people are so quick, but I was watching the scores last night – mine was in a very close 2nd/tied for first (at one point in a 3-way tie for first) for a fair while before the end, and took the lead with a couple hours to go. Anyone obsessively watching buildr to get their subs in quickly would have had some time to at least realise that Illuminati Job Board wasn’t a sure thing and start thinking.

I’m surprised at how man-man handle this, which is pretty well. And yes, the HTDTE page is hilarious. Still, it doesn’t mean someone can submit that idea as his own, let alone win it.

As for suspiciously quick submissions, if those aren’t yours (and I believe the admins can verify that,) then fine. Those logos are low quality ones which can be patched up within 30 minutes or less anyway. I’m sorry for directing my suspicion of foul play at you. After ghax’s one-man alt abuse, it’s easy to believe only one person is responsible for all the wrong things that happen.

Now if we’re going to fix this, apart from changing the description, the forum name, International Earth Destruction Advisory Board, must be changed as well. Because that too, was written by Mr.Sam Hughes. Even the word “Geocide” was thought up by him.

I offer another solution, that is contacting Mr.Hughes himself, asking if he’s okay for ForumWarz to expand upon his joke. Who knows? This could benefit both parties involved. It won’t hurt to try, will it?

Kittysan edited this message on 10/19/2009 6:40PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!