Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

you talk about not rewarding grinding but most challenges from RP games come from the better grinders. Most achievements from games come from months (years) of game play and the people that put all that effort into grinding, so of course they want some type of credit for that. On the PS3 they call those trophies. On the Xbox 360 they call it Gamerscore. On VB boards they call it post count and custom user titles. And on /FWZ/ we call it epeens. Users that like some aspect of gameplay want credit for that aspect (and might see it as challenging for them) but other users might see it as boring and not WORTH the effort to get the peen. The former user described above might not see the value of OTHER aspects of the game and not care about the peens attached to it. That is called hypocrisy.

Streaks have been important to me from the very start, because i am not involved in DOM much. I am not involved with INCIT or Forumbuilder, or other things that reward peens for players that actually expend time to get that. Well i wanted to expend time by grinding forums. I have one of the few remaining level 35 re-re’s and i grinded for months to do it so thats proof of my stance. DOM was a nice side effect of the streaks (and how i honestly got most my medals for all my alts.) If you check my peens most of them are from grinding from streaks. If most users see it as just grinding and easy then thats how i honestly feel about the things that OTHER users do.

You can make the argument that Forumbuilder and other parts of the game that reward peens must take effort and a challenge to win i argue that if you play those aspects of the game for months (years) on end of course you will eventually get a few peens. Not to mention they are worth MOAR than other peens are. So casual players that spend THEIR time months on end getting streaks (not to mention working around the terrible streak counter system in place,) not screwing up their streak with the duplicate forums on the community and actual plot forums page, and needing to grind and strategize their items and attacks to be high enough level to actually achieve the streak to begin with its a no-brainer for me to reward peens for streaks up to 200. The users that vote no on this option, I see it as borderline trolling.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!