Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

fuzzyeric

[Forumwarz Universi-
ty
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I’ve played a bit of INCIT. I find the following:

• There are two time intervals relevant for submitting:
    • The full submission time, which is experienced when one is playing for multiple rounds, and
    • the little bit of time left when one first arrives.

• The voting time is not long enough when there are 10+ submissions.
  • The results time is too long when there’s a multi-way, low-vote tie.
  • The results time is too short when the votes cluster among a few subs.

What I would recommend:

• Limit the submission period to 2.5 minutes or 10 subs, whichever comes first.
  • Start logging stats for the number of “late submits” — submit bumon hits after submissions are closed.
  • Roll on to the next photo if five minutes isn’t long enough to get five submissions. Or, as suggested elsewhere (by duca? maybe?) mix prior wins on that photo in to get five.
  • 60 seconds for voting. Should be enough time for 5-10 subs.
  • Start logging stats for the number of disqualified votes — find out if submitters are getting bored that would have received votes.
  • 30 seconds for results, *and* make results accessible through the recent wins box.
  • Start logging stats for lag time between a win and time it’s viewed through the recent wins box.

I only recommend all that logging so that Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!