Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Afterthotz Posted:

This, a hundred times this. I’m never around at 3 when they voting starts, and by the time I DO get to take a peek, we’re always down to very few suggestions that haven’t been -5’d.

I never got to see any of the other suggestions either. And yes, I know this might sound weird, but I certainly didn’t expect ‘The list’ to survive and win.

“Give anyone a lever long enough and they can change the world. It’s unreliable levers that are the problem.”

The trouble is, Buildr is turning into INCIT. Any decent idea gets downvoted, as it poses a threat. That only leaves the ****ty ones. Yay.

If you want to tackle this, just prevent people who submit something from downvoting in that category. For example, if I submit an item idea, I can still vote on images, but I can’t downvote every other idea sub just so mine has an advantage. Let them upvote, but don’t let submitters downvote. Apply the same to ForumBuilr, and you’ll curb a lot of this.

Sarcasm Inc edited this message on 09/29/2009 3:13AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!