Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

One theory I’ve heard is that homosexuality is the result of many genes working together, so each gene could individually be evolutionarily beneficial, and stay in the gene pool because of it, despite the fact that their combined effect is likely to prevent procreation.

One gene I think they may have identified had the effect of making the carrier find males more attractive, regardless of their gender. From a Darwinian standpoint that could encourage reproduction enough (when it’s in females) to persist in the gene pool, whilst also contributing to bi/homo-sexuality when it’s pbumed on to a male.

I really doubt there’s going to be any one answer – if there was a “gay gene” then evolution would kick in and remove it from the species, and if it were purely developmental then I think we’d have figured out the common factor by now. Probably a combination of many genes and some developmental stuff working to produce a person’s sexuality.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!