Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

bronnih Posted:

if there is anyone generous enough (and with a bit of time on their hands) to tell me ITT which parts of the constitution are relevant to this war- and also i think the confederacy made up their own one, and if anyone could tell me what they specifically changed and why, i’d be eternally grateful.

As was noted, the federal government had no authority to tell the states what to do wrt slavery; it could only pbum laws regarding the importation of slaves (that’s in the Constitution).

The invasion of a foreign country which Lincoln initiated was not only a war of aggression but unconstitutional—no declaration was ever pbumed by Congress. Further, Lincoln the Petty Tyrant arbitrarily suspended habeas corpus (with a fishy rubber-stamp by a lack-of-quorum Congress)—which only Congress can do. He had newspapers that disagreed with him shut down. He tried to get the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court arrested for treason for reminding Lincoln that he had no authority to suspend habeas corpus.

As for secession—there is nothing in the Constitution to prevent it, so there’s really no relevant part there.

The CSA Constitution did protect slavery and did set a limit on all internal improvement schemes, i.e. government make-work programs for infrastructure.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!