Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dunatis Posted:

It’s been suggested before during the tuneup but there could be attack consumables, or as you said some way to change vulnerabilities. You could advertise the Forum which would heal and/or increase strength because of new users, but those users are weak against other attacks (since you chose another Forum from which you know their weakness) And thus you can more easily create a bumhurt chain and shut down the Forum. Then Mods could “cast” bans or site rules to switch them back.

That might be a bit more strategic given that the bonus you get for Changing a sites vulnerability by 15% may not be worth threads getting a bonus 15% health/attack/defense boost.

I was thinking about attack consumables, but since the game is moving in a Pokemon-like direction I’m going to stand against that. What would be called a consumable would be more appropriate as a regular attack. Consumables to raise stats like roids would be a better use of funds in my view, or having attacks that make an immune forum susceptible to certain attack types for a limited time.

Another thing I’d like to suggest at would be a variable chance of there being status effects or moderator effects, especially in a short time frame. If we can say there’s a 10% chance of a mod appearing in a certain turn, that chance should increase with each turn the mod doesn’t appear. From 10% to 15% to 20% to 25% etc…then resets when the mod appears.

During my attack of DolphinLove (which I only bumaulted with about 10 special roids) moderators would appear every off turn for a short period of time, and undo almost all damage I had done to the thread. Combined with two lag spikes in three non-consecutive attack turns, pwning the forum wasn’t really an issue of me not doing enough damage (despite the fact my Incompetence attacks were very weak against it) but being held back by the status changes, all which happened in a short period of time and very frequently.

mterek edited this message on 09/11/2009 10:01PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!