Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Celerysteve Posted:

I can not see any possible reason, like a person is just going to constantly lurk in some forum and be like “Oh, I hate this forum! I wish a troll would come along and pwn it!”

I don’t see how that’s so unbelievable. Just swap “forum” for “blog” and it becomes a common occurrence – people hate someone’s blog but they can’t post in the comment section for some reason. Perhaps they’re locked from posting, are consistently banned, or are too scared to get singled out and scapegoated. So along comes someone who for some reason isn’t susceptible to the jerkface’s normal douchbaggery and that someone puts the jerk in his place.

When I posted on Anime News Network, I was consistently aggravating the columnist for “Answerman” for which I would often get PMs from people thanking me for my hard work. Sometimes the PMs were from established members of the community, other times someone signed up just to PM me a cheer. Take that, season with parodist hyperbole (actual “gifts” ) and you have the Forumwarz delivery system.

Celerysteve Posted:

Nobody would even lurk in a forum unless they were actually interested in reading it and liked it.

THE_**** loves pumping iron but hates the posters of “Fitness fabulous personry”. It takes one to know one…?

mterek edited this message on 09/05/2009 11:43PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!