Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I think intelligent design makes more sense as an analogy.

And I think your answer seems to indicate you didn’t get my point.

Which is…?

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

His ideas are ideas for forums, not parodies of forums. It’s hard for some of us to wrap our heads around.

Since when has the line been blurred? And, how can you draw the line between “ideas for forums” and “parodies of forums” anyway? After all, as long as there are subjects people are interested in, there are forums for them. Log in to see images!

Except for some extremely stupid ideas (forums for serial killers, stalkers, or other criminal activities), I can see people talking about those topics (yes, even Post-Apocalyptic Survival Society.) And if people talk about them, they’re subject to parodies.

Oh, and:

Fortunato Posted:

no, see, people submit other people’s images. Lolcats. Memes. Image macros that are years old. You can’t exactly do that with text.

Yes, you can. Texts, like images, can be copied and repeated. Old jokes that are decades old are still circulated today.

wtfmcnuggets Posted:

Submissions with an image or youtube link always get a downvote from me. I agree that it shows a lack of creativity.

Not always. What if the submitter create a new picture just for that submission? And as I said, text can be repeated too.

Not that I submit a lot of pictures or anything. But sometimes I feel a picture would do a job better than a long line of text.

Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 4:05PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!