Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

I’ve done soul searching, as a Buildr with a score of 22 who hasn’t played in months, and I believe Leetlol hit my point perfectly.

Forumbuildr used to be “which is the wittiest” not “which of these would make a 13 year old laugh”

Somewhere along the way, it lost that. Sometime after the third consecutive Bashy Forum, I just stopped altogether because it was obvious that a certain level of humor that got me to 22 was not going to get me further. My talent pool peaked at Wal-Martyr when it happened, and through sheer dumb luck did that even make it through after the 3 weeks it took for selection. I’ve had others, some with puns and some without. They usually scored positive early on (barring the mbum downvote that was the first night) and people liked them. Fastforward to a month ago, when I submitted a couple of old ideas I had written down with one of my alts. -5’d, and I’m sure not for lack of originality.

This isn’t a Fran in-joke. It’s a forumbuildr one, and unlike MC Banhammer’s old title, you only get to be in on this one if you fell for it early on.

Compare Great Firewall of China to Pushy Parents, Hall of Faded Fame to Post-Apocolyptic Survival Society. Everything in here already has been done to death, and we’re just recycling old ideas.

Hell, some ideas looked **** on paper and turned out beautifully. I couldn’t have been more wrong about Hitchhikers Guide to the Internet, I was sure that would turn out stupid and it didn’t. It was humor on a Douglas Adams level, not a 4chan level like I predicted.

This was also one of the last few forums I saw come to fruition before ditching the buildr outright.

Rant’s over, this is only funny if you see the suck influx from the old perspective. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!