Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Kittysan Posted:

Wow, elitist much? For the record, I neither come from 4chan nor I like ED’s style of “humor.” I’m more of an Uncyclopedia and Cracked kind of guy, appreciating intelligent laughs. And while I’m not going to tell my age here, in real life I’m much older than 15 years old.

And yet I don’t find this extremely obscure in-joke funny.

Oh, isn’t it ironic that submissions from “adults with mature senses of humor” are repetitions of “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society”, and “adults with mature senses of humor” keep voting them up?

Way to show those “15 yo’s who can only repeat everything they hear” guys!

It’s not funny because it’s an obscure in-joke.

It’s funny because it’s ridiculing and mocking how broken Forumbuildr is. That’s why I used all my submissions on avatars (I did that when there were only about 140 avatar submissions total, so I was hardly a bandwagoner, by the way.)

Honestly, while I got a lot of chocolate a lot faster than I usually did, I would get 200+ a week from buildr as it used to be anyway.

I quit playing ForumBuildr when I got 19 submissions in to a single forum one week, and then 9 the next using only half my submissions. It’s too easy when you have a crapload of submissions at your disposal and it’s not fun playing something that’s broken.

However, making fun of something broken is funny. That’s why Itembuildr subs about Evil Trout’s forehead tattoo and “Another Itembuildr Emo Tattoo” win. Because the regular submissions have lost the sparkle they used to have.

So yes, sorry about “abusing” something. The truth of the matter is that last night, more people played ForumBuildr than have used it in the last year, a lot of them older players who really never played it before.

I know I used it for the first time in 3 months. If having fun is going to be a problem I’ll be happy to leave again.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!