Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Moodburger

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

The remake is.. well, it’s not a grand old epiphany. Monkey Island one isn’t that funny anymore once you’ve beaten it. Not as many great jokes, more of an atmospheric romp through pirateland than anything. MI 2 tho.. they really pulled out all the stops. As for the remake proper, the art is sometimes kinda crappy, sometimes completely amazing (The backgrounds for instance are completely insanely grand, makes it look a lot more like the MI 3 and 4’s locales), and the voiceacting is great in some places, kinda meh in some. But really, that’s cause the text in this wasn’t written originally to be spoken. It’s not a BAD remake…because it is, in fact, exactly like the original in a puzzle kind of sense. New GUI, but that’s about it.

The episodes vary slightly in quality in a variety of areas. Whereas the locales in the second episode are great, when they aren’t being reused (goddamn carribean and it’s many islands of jungle!), some of the speech has to be repeated in a certain couple of areas, leading to a lot of frustration in hearing it. Ep 1 doesn’t have this problem, but isn’t all that varied in terms of characters you meet or stuff you do. Episode 2 also has one of the dumbest, longest puzzles of the series so far near the end. (And why does it always have to be 3 goddamn things? I mean, I know they made that joke in Sam and Max, but still, it’s getting really old. Mix things up a bit!) Voice acting is top notch all around, but storywise.. well, some of the stuff you can just see coming a mile away. Nooooo, you mean the strange girl that appears right after you find out human LeChuck is trying to woo Elaine again is a fan of yours. I never!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!