Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bashy Posted:

We need more competition. I think only maybe 3-5 people, total, submitted forums last week.

It’s sort of ironic that, six months ago, people were complaining about there being too many forum ideas to look through. The results? “All the forums suck.”

Lately, there have been perhaps 5 pages of forums, total, even without any downvoting problems. The quality, originality, and funniness factor has declined noticeably, in my opinion.

Of course, some people will always say that the winning forums “suck” depending on whose they are… but the general idea that more competition and choice benefits all stands unbumailable, so please, for the love of ****, write some forum ideas and submit them every week.

It’s not a competition issue, but a problem of adverse selection. In general, the people voting are going to going to be opposed to anything that doesn’t make them laugh, which basically means to get votes one has to either submit the same thing for weeks on end and hope it flies eventually or rely on clichés like memes, sex jokes or religious bashing. The standard internet troll-bait fare.

There’s an entry up there this week I really like called for Web 1.0 Veterans, which I hope wins. I’ve voted for it every week and had enough time to prepare a bunch of good ideas for it. No offense, but your recent wins weren’t as good as that one, but they had broader appeal. And the ASCII one was rejected two weeks ago, so it had less appeal than the personality and rage forums which came before them.

It’s really horrible that for this week’s itembuildr submission, the most popular entries are virtual dupes of preexisting tattoos, with the more original ones wallowing in second tier.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!