Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Amy Rose

Avatar: 169456 Mon May 25 19:27:23 -0400 2009

Level 27 Permanoob

Im realy a lesbien with a male reproductive organ lolololol

Sancdar Posted:

I think a large part of it is Blizzard working against piracy/hacks. They’ve started using their Warden anti-hack stuff in multiple products recently (like WC3), and it only works on Battle.net. Most of the private servers for pirated copies of the game run using the LAN interface, because it’s easier to set up games through that then to run a full BNet server. By forcing you to authenticate with them for even LAN play, they make it harder to pirate their games for the full experience or run hacks.

I honestly don’t understand why this is such a huge deal. It’s nice to have LAN support, but we all obviously have internet connections.

Do you have any software development experience?

Next to none. I’ve never done any LAN stuff except setting up a router, and I’m not really into the new systems, I just tweak existing things. It was so much easier -for me Log in to see images!- when Windows was some project Microsoft had and DOS was the standard…

Anyway, I’m digressing. So, back to the point. What I mean is: They already know how to set up LAN connections and all the related stuff. If you’re already making a multiplayer feature for the Internet, then why can’t you shell out a bit more and put in the LAN part? How much can the LAN part of the game’s programming cost, compared to the rest of the game? i don’t think it would be much more money, since you’re making it feature multiplayer gameplay anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!