Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

Inconnu Posted:

Currently players do voice their complaints, but I don’t see Flamebate getting better, whereas the opposite approach hasn’t yet been tested. The less people spend their typing skills on whining, the more quality and funny heron threads we have.

It kind of sounds like this thread would interest you. One of the complaints being raised is some posters aren’t breaking any rules but are messing up Flamebate. Nailbomb revives so many old threads that new topics get pushed before they can have their time. Even if the post is the funniest thing in the world it won’t get the attention it deserves.

Like Fingerz said, even if things are great people will whine. They might be making the best posts on the site, but they’ll probably still **** about something. Complaining is so integrated into the feel of this place that if people didn’t routinely whinge, I think we’d all feel like something was missing.

Finally, the absence of whining does not good posters make. World peace wouldn’t lead to everybody being happy. There’s other factors at play. I’m not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but where are you awesome posts? You’re presumably not a whiner, but I don’t recall any kick bum Inconnu posts. Maybe that’s not what you come here for though. You like Dom, I’m guessing, and there’s other stuff you dig on. Your concern isn’t making a great post. Maybe you do post a lot, but do it mostly with alts. I’m just using you as an example about how not whining doesn’t make anybody’s posts gold.

I understand where you’re coming from, but telling people they shouldn’t discuss or criticize mods because they’re mods is silly. Especially in a thread started by a mod about modding.

TLDR: Everybody should complain if they want to, after all this is the internet.

PhineasPoe edited this message on 07/10/2009 7:15PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!