Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

man-man Posted:

Thus we see an impossible set of propositions. It cannot be the case that all of the following are true:

P1: god is omnipotent

P2: god is omnipresent

P3: god poops

This is actually the best anti-creationist argument I have ever heard. Most (if not all) Judeo-Christian worshipers believe that God is both omnipotent and omnipresent. If God is omnipotent, he should be able to do whatever he wishes, including excreting (as the humans do). However, if God can excrete, that implies a physical body, which contradicts the second proposition, as he is no longer omnipresent.

The third proposition is not even necessary, using arguments found in this thread, one cannot by omnipotent AND omnipresent at the same time.

—-

Now, to rebut my own argument, omnipresence can be a trait which can be chosen to be used or to not be used (this being possible due to omnipotence), therefore allowing God to perform “human” activities and functions in one form, and then being able to shift back to omnipresence.

Going even further, if one is omnipotent, he should be able to be omnipresent AND be in a single place (at a single time) at the same time.

All logic presented in this thread thus-far is flawed, due to omnipotence including the power of free will, and thus the power to choose to not be omnipresent (or even omnipotent). The theology is based upon “There is nothing God cannot do”, which means that God can also choose to no longer be omnipotent, or even to die (if He so wanted).

—-

And to rebut my rebumal, I pose a question for others in this thread:

Could God willingly remove himself from existence, if He so wanted?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!