Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Nepenthe

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

his douchebaggery – it’s over 9000! isn’t that what one says in such situations?

and the plot of far too many movies from my childhood – from Mad Max to early Steven Seagal – is replayed except for than zombie. I don’t remember than zombie. Maybe it was the punchline and I missed it.

To fully understand comedy you must also be part of the culture that produced the comedian, or at least, well conversant with it. Comedy translates badly. Culture clashes form over its misunderstanding.

If you (as a post-adolescent or so-called adult) ‘get’ Junie B Jones, you don’t necessarily also ‘get’ Hard Gay, even though both crack up nearly every 7 year old. Those same 7 year olds usually don’t ‘get’ Lenny Bruce or the Seinfeld show. Comedy’s not a monolith.

all I see here is one-upmanship verbal slapstick with a touch of scary movie style parody. it’s hella entertaining, because I ‘get’ the genre and so on, but it’s kind of wearing too, like a reality tv show. amusing but full of suck, makes me need to go read something funny but deep, just to remind myself not all comedy is quite so shallow Log in to see images!

vainly I had sought to borrow

from my books surcease of sorrow

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!