Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

man-man Posted:

Not sure why you quoted the male reproductive organ/woman's genitals thing, but I’ll bite.

Lack of faith definitely does excuse poor conscience, if anything religion gives you an out-card to excuse yourself by saying that god will forgive any sin so long as you say you’re sorry. Faith also tends to imply that what happens in this life is rendered somewhat meaningless by the next life, so long as you do enough good to get into the good afterlife.

Religion doesn’t hold a monopoly on morality, there are perfectly good ways to ground your moral thinking without having to hold yourself responsible to an invisible judge. I personally prefer humanist ethics, but it doesn’t really matter. The natural state of a human being isn’t one of immorality; we tend to co-operate because we’re a social species, we form bonds with people and care about them and work together to improve things.

As for why I’m an atheist, because I see no reason to believe in god. Short and simple. To take that a step further, I find the concept of god as normally described to be inherently implausible – I don’t think we will ever find evidence of such a thing, so whilst technically I remain open to further evidence, I don’t consider it a real possibility and will be identifying as an atheist. I don’t believe that it’s impossible to know, so I don’t consider myself an agnostic; I think if there were a god to find, we’d see the signs. The only kind of god left over is one that didn’t ever do anything particularly noticeable, and I feel justified in not believing in that.

Just for the record, the people who believe that just by “saying sorry” they can get away with whatever they want and live however they please are not Christians, and are not saved.

It says throughout the Bible a repentant nature is necessary for salvation, which excludes these pseudo-Christians who live how they want but claim to follow Christ anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!