Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Crap, that’s a lot of pages to read. I’m going to try to condense this down (surprising coming from me, I know)

1. All legal joinings between two people that want to live together, be each other’s legal partner, etc., should be called civil unions in the eyes of the government. The word marriage shouldn’t even be in the language of any legal dogreat timesent, whether the couple is gay or straight. I.E. the secular term should be ‘civil union’, period.

2. As far as the word marriage, that’s up to each individual church and faith. Whether or not a church recognizes a particular civil union as a ‘marriage’ is up to them, and has no bearing on the secular, legal world.

3. If state’s retain the right to decide whether or not to allow same-sex marriage, then that’s a separate issue from whether or not the retain the right to choose not to recognize a legal civil union conducted in another state. All other types of legal dogreat timesents and contracts are recognized & honored in states outside of the originating state. This is no different.

4. The idea that marriage/civil union should have any other ‘requirements’ that “two consenting adults” is preposterous.

Propagation is irrelevant to a marriage/civil union. There are hetereosexual couples that are naturally or artificially infertile, and they are allowed to marry. And we have children born outside of ‘wedlock’ every day.

Religion is irrelevant to a marriage/civil union. No one is required to be a member of any specific religion, or even of any religion whatsoever, to enter into a marriage/civil union

Fetishes are irrelevant to a marriage/civil union. First of, fetishes are not an excluding factor when it comes to a marriage/civil union. You are not required to list any of your fetishes on any legal dogreat timesents related to marriage.civil union. Secondly, fetishes are not automatically illegal activities. Being an active furry is way different form being an active pedophile. One is simply a personal sexual quirk, the other is illegal behavior that abuses a child. Third, an pedophile can legally marry, even if they’ve been convicted of molesting a child. Or even if they haven’t been convicted, they could still marry another consenting adult, and ‘roleplay’ out the fantasy in private. Because even if you and I find it ‘weird’, it’s still occurring between two consenting adults. Therefore, the comparison of fetishes to criminal behavior to homosexuality is simply a bigoted response. They have nothing to do with one another, and even if they did, it’s still not a justification to disallow gay marriages/civil unions.

This boils down to a ‘comfort level’. Another couple’s gay marriage/civil union has absolutely no bearing on your personal or professional life. And someone’s ‘discomfort’ is not enough to justify separating a group from their common civil rights.

(Edit: Crap, this is my condensed version?)

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/03/2009 7:57AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!