Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Shii Posted:

Going against my statement of “no more posts” as I shut off my compy to reinforce that I came into this thread saying that gays should have equal legal rights in partnership and that I still hold that view. My own personal viewpoints on homosexuality itself doesn’t abridge their rights as Americans to equal tax and legal benefits.

and we’re back to semantics. currently, the only way to bestow these rights is by a government recognized “marriage” (in quotes because that’s the exact word, not for sarcasm). however, 52% (a ****ing *slim* majority) just defined “marriage” as only being valid between a man and a woman. a damned slim majority just removed civil rights from a minority.

I’m still waiting for someone to tell me how this is ok…

hell. take marriage out of the picture. with this law/court ruling, I could just as easily say that any registered independent voter should not be allowed to own a home. all I need is 50.1% of voters to agree with me and now I’ve removed that right as well. it’s a really ****ing slippery slope that I’m *not* ok with.

spacekadt edited this message on 06/03/2009 2:48AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!