Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

was Posted:

I can see and respect how you are trying to compromise with both positions and find something to work for all, but it is not a question of semantics. It is ridiculous to suggest rebranding as a solution. It’s a civil rights issue, not a problem of vocabulary. Frankly, there probably isn’t a compromise.

*sighs* I know. I appreciate the acknowledgement, but I hate it when threads like this come up and it just turns into a slugfest. There’s no point to debating if no solution can ever be reached.

It just bothers me when people compare stuff like equality between races and equality in lifestyle.

Do we have to respect and uphold pedophiles? It’s just a sexuality difference like being gay is, but the vast majority doesn’t agree with it and therefore prevents it.

And anyone who claims that pedophilia is any different from any other fetish just doesn’t understand how fetishes work. They’re as powerless to not like kids as gays are to not like guys, or heteros are to not like women. And before you stick words in my mouth, I am only playing devil’s advocate and in no way support pedophile’s rights.

There is a fundamental difference between “people” and between “lifestyle.” Even in the Bible, if we’re looking at religion. The Bible says all men are equal. The Bible doesn’t say all lifestyles are equal, so the previously stated notion that people were using the Bible to support racism isn’t valid. Maybe they were, but it was fallacious interpretation.

Shii edited this message on 06/03/2009 1:03AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!