Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

There’s no way I can answer every post attacking me, and so far in the process I’ve already tripped over myself at least once trying to keep up.

So, I’ll just say this: I’m not trying to play “keepaway,” I’m trying to think of a way to compromise that leaves the most people happy.

So far, I’ve not seen any sort of beneficial or positive solution even touched on in this thread, just a bunch of people attacking the lone dissenter. I would appreciate a discussion instead of borderline trolling. Posts like Samildanach, telling me to STFU are not necessary or productive in any fashion. Excuse me for having an opinion on an issue that differs from yours. If you’d like to have a debate with no one except people who agree with you, I believe you’ll find it to be very boring indeed.

The only way to satisfy people in this debate, as I’ve said like 5 times now, is to find a way to remove religion from the debate. Religions are inherently discriminatory to some extent by their very nature, so to integrate parts of them within legal government doesn’t work. They don’t work the same way.

That’s why I’ve suggested that the ritualistic side of it be eliminated from the governmental viewpoint, turning them into civil unions for EVERYONE. Government agrees everyone should have equal rights; religion doesn’t. Religion is ****ed at what it feels is an affront to its rituals, so, therefore, make the legal side of it have nothing to do with any specific religion.

People will call them whatever they want; I’m sure both gays and Christians will still refer to them as “marriages.” I’m also just as sure that people will still bicker about what the “word” marriage applies too, but those semantics are meaningless when the rights beneath the words are equal.

Again, instead of trying to tear me apart for holding a different belief, I’d appreciate an attempt at thinking up a better solution, if mine sucks so much.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!