Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Shii Posted:

for forcing religions to change their marriage rituals.

I’d like to say that nobody is asking for that, but I know it’s not true. However, very few people are asking for that. Most folks would rather find a church that will accept them than force themselves in where they are unwelcome. There are already churches in Dallas, Texas that will perform a gay marriage ceremony.

I compare it to certain denominations refusing to wed couples in their church if both members of the couple accept the fundamental doctrines of that faith. If a fundamental doctrine of your faith is that marriage can only be between a man and a woman, it would seem unlikely that your church would be forced to marry a gay couple any sooner than it would be forced to perform services for atheists. Certainly, I’m not asking for that.

At the same time, the word marriage is used throughout legislation, and codifying one sort of union as “marriage” and another as “civil” treats them as unequal in the eyes of the law.

Honestly, in my mind the best solution would be for the (big and abstract) Government to replace the term marriage with civil union for all couples. Big hurdles for that, though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!