Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Shii Posted:

I’ve gotten -1’s a few times, when I was submitting forum ideas. Every time it happened to me, it was because I had far more -5’s with no upvotes than I did submissions that made it into the forum.

Try not to attribute the reason, just try to give the information. E.G., how many -5s, how many were tanked with no upvotes, and how many submissions that made it, preferably with what ratios of up to down votes for submissions… it’s hard to spot the pattern if everyone just includes the info that supports their own theory and ignores the rest.

plk Posted:

This past week, I think I had about 90 submissions at -5. I had a few do very well, but there was no way for them to get enough upvotes to counter all the total downvotes.

What was the result on your score? -1 or -2?

If you don’t submit anything all week, an easy way to increase your score by +1 is to simply make a bunch of submissions before the end. As long as you remain in the positive (even if each has only your 1 upvote), my experience is that your score will increase by +1.

P much the same here, from the other week. Part of why I think it’s easier to get a bump when you want it than accidentally get a decrease (short of things like last week’s mbumive downvote spree on forum ideas), and part of why I think score calculations, or at least submission counts, need some tweaking.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!