Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

zagerblag Posted:

Good job. Price would be proportional to stats, right?

That’s the difficult part. The aim of itembuildr is automatically generated stats and prices, but the thing is, all stats are worth different things.

An item that gives 400 douchebaggery would cost less than an item that gives 200 Processing power.

Same thing with luck, charisma, et cetera.

An ideal formula would involve each stat point being worth a certain number of flezz, but something like:

Offense = 1,000

Defense = 1,000

Douchebaggery, Tears, Sexiness = 100

PP = 200

Those are just numbers out of my head though.

zagerblag Posted:

I think the very idea of automatically-generated, random stats for purchasable equipment is bad, though.

Why? Using my method, no item will never be better or worse than the current most powerful/weakest.

In addition, it would be random, unlike the current code.

Though stats could still be blown out of proportion, which shows that the above formula needs a lot more tweaking, to avoid an item that gives hardware with 5PP, 2 offense, 1 defense and 1 luck.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!