Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Fran Posted:

We have been running rampant with all ideas/images being removed from ItemBuildr a few times in a row, now. This has made me questioning downvoting on ItemBuildr yet again.

Let’s compare downvoting situations on ForumBuildr and ItemBuildr:

ForumBuildr: A single user can send 7 submissions with a buildr score of 0, and he can send more submissions through the week. It’s fairly easy to get your buildr score up, and forumbuildr ends up cluttered with hundreds of submissions to vote, not counting the ones that end up downvote and the newly submitted ones. Downvoting is necessary since it cleans up the trash, and without it we’d get near 1k submissions per week easily. Analyzing that many submissions is a real burden.

ItemBuildr: A single user can send 1 item idea and 1 image per submission round, and he can’t send anymore during the voting round. As such, users only get to vote on 1 submission per player, and with enough of an effort, a group of players can eliminate everything from the voting round. It has been done before. Since there’s no way to renew submissions on itembuildr, downvoting ends up eating everything, making it disadvantageous for the players and requiring CZ interference to get said item made.

So, here’s my arguments. You’ll always have a set number of ideas/images to vote, and you can vote at all of them at once. There’s no room to clear excessive submissions since there’s no excessive submissions.

Put your thoughts here.

Really, great explanation. But, I’d like to ask a question:

Although Image submissions are in fairly decent numbers to vote on, one day, idea submissions will be numerous too. What to do when they get too tiresome to vote on too?

I think downvoting should be removed from Image voting, and KJ’s thought should be implemented on Idea voting.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!