Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

HunyrgLiekTehWofl Posted:

Well, I’ll try to paraphrase myself: the impression of the next generation being less civilised that the current one is present at every point in history. Myself, I believe there is no regress, and the impression comes from getting more socially aware as people get mature, and finding the world to be “going too fast” when they become elderly. If every generation was actually significantly worse, we would annihilate ourselves centuries ago. I still don’t see how would that translate to, “war as a mean of population control”.

And about the guilt thing, I was being a bit ironic, sorry. Seriously, I know what “dying from guilt” means Log in to see images!

And sorry for that, yep, I arranged my post so that you wouldn’t be sure until the latter part if I’m from the US or not. I’m from Poland.

No problem, I was actually plannig to ask you the same anyway. Have fun at the party.

I had read your previous posts and I was following your debate, and a lot of the points you raised actually made me think of the DDR (having studied 8 years of German/German studies, it’s always my default example because political studies on other countries were 2 intense years, at best).

In the DDR, communism really did make people kinda lazy. Outside of large cities (and in them to a lesser extent) were tons of people who had absolutely useless, menial jobs just so they’d be working. Then they have to integrate into a competitive economy and they lose their job, and there isn’t one to replace it. East German communism created problems that haven’t been resolved even today.

Anyway, I think you raised a lot of interesting points.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!