Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

HunyrgLiekTehWofl Posted:

But that’s a sidenote. My real point is, I’m starting to get very tired of that “I Log in to see images! communism, but I understand that it’s good only in theory” crap. It’s not even good in theory. People are not ants. The happiness of an individual is not achieved through happiness of the group he/she belongs to, or at least not primarily through it. The whole concept is wrong on so many levels, I don’t know where to begin. Maybe I’ll try to make a list:

* Since the goods are supposed to be distributed equally, you can’t get any reward for working harder. Also anyone who slacks off still gets as much as anyone else. The result? People stop trying to do their best, and instead try to work as little as possible. The ethos or work, which You mentioned later in your post, is destroyed.

* But there’s more to it: You forget that people have different needs. Since EVERY good is supposed to be distributed equally, there is no logical solution to how should, for example, books be distributd if only 50% of people want to have some. Continued…

I really suggest you pick up a copy of the Communist Manifesto.

Every argument you’ve placed here are myths, and are completely out of context of what Marxism is/was meant to be. But I’ll humor you and answer your concerns.

*1) The people are expected to put in as much as they receive as a whole society. This does not lead to hive mind actions (as you stated by your “ant” thought) nor does it give people the option of “slacking off”. Its a simple philosophy that is applied in Democracy (in theory) as well. You don’t work? You don’t eat.

Obviously it goes much further than that and the reality is a society based on Communism works under a prolific belief in their government and in their country as a whole, something America has not had since the death of Kennedy. Now democracy is so flawed that scam and con artists end up living well established lives for doing absolutely nothing or by getting by on the hard work of others. Tell me HOW IS THAT FAIR?

In Communism everyone is equal. Communism doesn’t fear and discriminate against race or sexual preferences. It doesn’t try and hold them back because of the language they speak or their personal spiritual beliefs. Communism re-establishes hope in a uniformed government that ACTUALLY cares about it citizens and HELPS them to achieve greater glory for their country, their family, and for themselves.

The American Democracy is HELLBENT on screwing over its people for every cent it can shove in their leaders pockets. Where as in a Communist government the leaders and the people are all paid the same.

*2) You speak of different needs? What is so drastically different of a need that someone would refuse to not only survive but THRIVE? Sure, not everyone is book smart and perhaps those people are better builders or artists. In Communism people are given a choice based on THEIR wants and their abilities.

No one is going to make Bob the Builder drop his hammer and start practicing biomedicine. Seriously. How you came up with that thought… I really don’t want to know.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post but the damn forums limit long rants. More coming Log in to see images! Vince Russo edited this message on 03/29/2008 3:55PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!