Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

duca Posted:

Can you please address the specific situation that Crinkz referred to rather then just giving the same answer over and over again?

I thought I added some new stuff to that. I’ll try to be a little more specific.

I’ve tried tubmailing a mod two days ago about it and I got no answer. Can a person post personal information in IDC and get away with it or not? That’s not a minor infraction either. We’re talking PERMABAN here.

Posting another person’s personal information anywhere on the site, without their permission, is a bannable offense. It’s not an automatic permaban. It’s an ‘Insta-Ban’.

How can one mod think something is not a permaban offense and another think it is? This isn’t a grey area like shock, this one is black or white. Either it is or it isn’t.

Please TM MC Banhammer with the details, so that the Senior Mod has all the relevant information.

I think, however, that there has been some confusion about the difference between Insta-Ban & Perma-Ban. An Insta-Ban offense doesn’t necessarily result in a Perma-Ban. It’s called an Insta-Ban mainly because it’s a core rule. Note the new KB article, and how it refers to ‘Global Rules’. These are rules that apply no matter where on the site you are. And they are prety straight forward.

Just the fact that I have to ask this question again is a sign that something ain’t right here. How can we possibly avoid getting banned if the mods don’t even know it’s a bannable offense?.

If we’re thinking of the same situation, then a mitigating factor could be whether or not the personal information has been volunteered before by that person. If I tell you, in IDC, publicly, regardless of how many people are actively chatting or visible, that I was born in Montana on July 4th, 1984, then if you later on share that information on FlameBate, then is it still ‘protected’ information? What if I regularly mention that I live in Helena, Montana. It’s still ‘personal information’, but is it still protected? Also, the rule refers specifically to ‘Full name, e-mail address, DOB, etc.’ What’s considered ‘etcetera’? State of residence? City of residence? ZIP code?

This is why some Mod discussions need to occur. This is why no set of rules will ever be 100% complete. And this is why there will always be some level of subjectivity.

But the current Mod discussions are taking this into account, both as individual rules & situations, and also how they interact globally. Just to give you an idea, there are over 30 individual topics and over 800 posts in the Mod Forum discussing all of these things, and more. And we’ve been prioritizing them to keep our discussions on track, and have a lot of irons in the forge. The first two ‘irons’ were the centralized rule page (which is actually very streamlined, if you haven’t looked at it, I encourage everyone to do so) and the change to the ‘posing as a perma-banned player’ offense.

And more are coming. In fact, based on this thread’s feedback, we’ve put a little more focus on addressing shock images and ban-length & protocol.

You are being heard. Just give us time to listen, and discuss amongst ourselves, and then make some decisions.

So, other than defining shock imagery more specifically, better regulation regarding ban-protocol and ban-length, what else is on your minds?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!