Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

We’re trying to be a lot more transparent these days about upcoming features and changes so that you guys have a chance to chime in with your feedback.

We have decided to change the way Speed runs are calculated. Right now they’re solely based on the time difference between your first and last attack.

This is flawed because it is making people with varying levels of internet connectivity compete against each other unfairly. Also, if the server lags out it can screw you over.

We listened to your feedback, and here is the new proposed system:

Lemon Score = (turns taken * weight) + pwnage done – ego damage taken

I am not sure of the best value for the weight value yet — I’ll have to run a few simulations to see what weight works best.

The idea here is we’re now counting how many turns you took as a measure of speed rather than the actual time taken. Finally, we add in how much pwnage you took and how much damage you took to avoid clustering of similar move counts.

In our brainstorming sessions this seems pretty solid. What do you guys think?

Evil Trout edited this message on 05/04/2009 12:03PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!