Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

I will briefly touch on what i think is the core problem with trying to make dom better by nerfing or buffing certain flavors. That is, regardless of the amount of each scoops one can garner, everyone can equally gain all types of scoops. Choosing to be good at one type of scoop has no effect on how good you are at the other types of scoops.

The only scoops that share any consumed resource are vanilla and lemon. The only hard decision I ever had to make was whether I should speed for lemons or save my visits for raiding (That was way before klan vanilla was found to be completely and utterly broken). Imho, domination needs less caps and nerfs, more decision making like this.

Currently, the “strategy” for Domination is as follows

1) Gamble script for AF

AND

2) Submit jank for buildr that i think people will like

AND

3) Make sure I’m on still on track with my pstash loop

AND EITHER

4a) Solo Raid

4b) Klan raid

AND

5) do the forums as fast as possible within the constraints of 4a or 4b

See the problem? There’s no tough decision. There’s no strategy. There is pretty much 1 way to play dom. Even 4a and 4b aren’t much of a choice. This week, and before klan raiding was nerfed, 4b was better because of the 3x vanilla for klan raiding. After klan raid nerf, 4a was the only way to go.

The point is, regardless of which flavor is nerfed or buffed, the strategy is still the same. Sure, you can basically ignore some aspect of the game if something is way way overpowered like klan vanilla was, but my point still stands. None of the scoops are mutually exclusive. I myself don’t have a solution, but bickering over which flavour of scoop is overpowered doesn’t seem to me like it will ever make domination more fun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!