Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Raepdog Posted:

You and Evil Trout both come off as niceguys that gambled everything for their dream, and rot in poverty for doing so as a lesson of humility. Its ironic that you turned down a steady but menial job of probably clock punching labor to make a game were people do the same menial work you left behind.

Then to save that dream, you put the community that loves you but would rather kill themselves than say ‘That update is not so bad’ behind the mbumes of even more very special people to make money.

You even changed the re-re avatar you sellouts.

If that is your view of reality, then I have to agree that it is, well, awkward.

I’m not really sure what your post was about, but let me try to be serious for a second. Lately, there’s been a lot of negativity in Flamebate and Forumwarz in general. Maybe it’s just a phase, due to annoyance over recent changes and decisions. Maybe it’s the general contempt that comes with long-term familiarity. Or maybe it’s just the nature of the web and forum role-playing specifically.

I get the feeling that you’re frustrated because even though you’ve been here for a while and made something of a name for yourself, you still don’t feel fully understood or accepted by the community. Even though you claim to be apathetic, very few people are completely immune to these kinds of feelings.

All I would say is, don’t burn your bridges just yet. This might not be the best community for you at the moment, but maybe it has some potential. I think a lot of people would grudgingly admit (if they didn’t have to stay in character) that for someone as relatively young as yourself, you seem like a pretty thoughtful and interesting dude.

Call me naive, but I still think Flamebate has the opportunity to become a pretty decent community someday, and I’d like to see that happen. It really is up to you guys. Using these forums as a soapbox to randomly lash out at people…that just seems like ****ing in the wind.

But, maybe that’s just me.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!