Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Voted “used to be good” option, as the game had a lot of potential in the beginning.

The main problems with Forumwarz is it’s extremely linear nature, as well as the the use of gimmicks to occupy us between episodes, rather than new, game-related content.

I don’t mind the linear, mission oriented gameplay (although, CZ could push to make a more “sandbox” environment), but it’s the linear character development system that ****s up the fun. Early on, it DOES seem open to customization, but once you get the hang of it, it pretty much becomes “max out upkeep/frugality, learn all abilities, pump some ego, pump offense/defense”. There’s no room for ‘specialized builds’.

Also, grinding the same forums over and over again gets old; fast. But rather than small amounts of new, periodic ‘filler’ content between episodes, they keep creating gimmicks like contests and Itembuildr. “Falcon****er” was exactly the kind of update that CZ needs to do, but it’s been one of the only attempts at such that they’ve made.

Also, the achievement system (E-Peen) used to be really cool (coming from somebody who, for awhile, had the most available E-Peen), but CZ just keeps making gimmick Peen after gimmick Peen. CZ should be introducing Peen that gets people to play the game, not using them like “Scooby-Snacks” styled rewards. “Collected X (different) pairs of shoes.” “Had 100,000/250,000/500,000/1,000,000/10,000,000/etc. at one time.” “This player is good/evil.” Those are ways that peen can be used to encourage people to keep playing.

Speaking of good/evil, CZ shouldn’t be leaving their ideas untouched. Good/evil doesn’t do anything right now. Early, Trout talked about “factions” that you could join, but the idea hasn’t been explored yet. I realize that there have only been two episodes so far, but these are two ideas that could be developed even BETWEEN episodes.

Anyways, that’s it for me.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 04/22/2009 12:44AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!