Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

the Pro Posted:

That is utter and complete hogwash as people have different amounts of Flezz (duh).

Everyone had the same opportunity. Whether or not they had the resources to capitalize on the opportunity is a matter of individual situation.

My grandfather had the opportunity and resources to invest in a few companies about 30+ years ago.

My wife’s grandfather had the same opportunity, but fewer resources.

My grandfather didn’t cheat my wife’s grandfather in any way whatsoever by making his fortune via those investments.

Also it does not really matter if players had equal opportunity or not: the imbalance created is of an order of magnitude that needs to be addressed.

Hmm, now where was this outrage when people hoarded their Junk Books pre-Episode 2 and they became very valuable pieces of equipment? Items that were valued at less than 5000 flezz suddenly were sellable on Kyoubai for 400K+. Those speculators weren’t accused of any corruption or wrongdoing. Why now?

Cool beans for you if you invested in masterballs and maybe you deserve to profit from it, but not by the insane amounts that make this more profitable than any other action ever and ever (Depending on how this is handled we’re looking at about $100000000). It’s simply bad game design to do nothing about this.

No, it’s not. So far, I haven’t seen a Master Ball sell for the amounts you’re talking about. Additionally, the supply & demand of the market dictates the appropriate price.

In fact, there’s also risk in the speculation of when and for how much to sell these things. Sell too soon, and you may not get as much as you might since the market has more than a few listed right now. Wait for a while until the supply starts to dry up when you could demand a higher price, and they may show up in the Ppwn Shoppe for less than they’re selling now.

Watching events in the market place and speculating isn’t ‘bad economy’. It’s how the economy (and in fact, most economies) are supposed to work.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!