Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

deathpaint Posted:

When I submit images to itembuildr, I make sure they have the proper license to adapt and copy/distribute the work. Usually this means I can’t use the best image I find with google image search; I have to find free-use images and be a little creative, adapting them to make them work. Others do this as well, or create completely original images, for which I applaud them.

However, it seems that many of the images people submit are indeed copyrighted with all rights reserved. Take for example the Entire Second Grade Girls Soccer Team fetish. This image comes from this site. You can clearly see it says “all rights reserved” at the bottom of that page and no where does it indicate that the image may be reused. Another example is the Auschwitz Identification Number tattoo. The image that will clearly win (currently 29 vs. -3 votes) comes from a New York Times article and no where does it indicate this image is available for free use.

So can I submit copyrighted works too? I often pbum up better images because they don’t have a creative commons license. I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble here — I don’t even know who submitted these images. I honestly want to know if there is any intent to enforce this rule, because if not, maybe I’d have a better chance at winning.

They don’t enforce anything, really. They should, but there’s no real way too, short of checking for every single picture to make sure it’s legal.

However, thank you for respecting their rights. It warms my heart to know some people still view IP theft as wrong.

Shii edited this message on 04/18/2009 10:22PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!