Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Guys, this is obviously a serious issue for us, because it involves the law. The “selective modding” issue, which I believe is a misnomer, is really tertiary when it comes to this.

As we’ve stressed many times before, mods and admins are bound to disagree on some judgment calls. That’s unavoidable. Now, I personally didn’t get a chance to weigh in on either picture, but if it were strictly up to me, I’d tend to err on the side of caution. That is, remove the picture and ban the poster in order to send a message.

Posting controversial and legally ambiguous material just to test our mettle is dumb and pointless. You could hypothetically post nothing but quasi-loli pictures 24 hours a day if you really wanted to watch us admins jump through hoops. Hilarious as that may be, it’s not our area of expertise and it’s not what we’re here to do. So after a while it becomes prudent to just start banning for it, even at the risk of ticking off some players.

Onto the copyright issue: We’ve done everything we can to ensure that we’re on the right side of the law when it comes to copyright. Very few sites in our arena are nearly as diligent as we have been when it comes to this.

With itembuildr, we insist that all uploaders promise that they have the right to use the image in question. This has proven less than reliable, unfortunately. So far, we’ve “quarantined” user-uploaded content from the rest of our site and we aim to clearly delineate it as such until we can find a way to sort it all out. As for INCIT, we’re using Creative Commons images through flickr’s API and giving a credit/link back to the original work, which is all they ask for. This is off-topic, so we can discuss in further detail in a different thread or TMs if you’re concerned.

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 04/16/2009 11:26AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!