Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Lester Burnham Posted:

Don’t you think that as long as there is a specific end time there will always be a last minute rush regardless of what mechanics, cards or medals exist?

I think a rush of some kind will always exist, unless something like the Cabbage’s 120 minute variable ending time is implemented. I think that solution attempts to fix the issues of dom with uncertainty, which isn’t satisfying.

You can introduce mechanics, cards and medals that increase, decrease, or have no effect on the intensity and necessity of a last minute rush. I believe a destruction medal increases the intensity and necessity of a rush, which is why I oppose it.

Lester Burnham Posted:

No, and I am well aware of the current problems in Dom, it just seems that people are being purposely ambiguous about what they are unhappy with in this thread.

Alright, allow me to be a little bit more explicit. Last week, I was able to walk away with the medal for total scoops in the top bracket. How? 3 weeks before, I started a pistachio loop, and used a high-yield pistachio-granting visit in the last 5 seconds of the round.

That isn’t strategic in any real sense. It isn’t competitive in any real sense. It isn’t fun. It’s just boring.

Dom has been this way since the launch of the stray bullet. Now, I don’t know if it will stay this way after a few more weeks. It could be that people are still getting used to the new card, and enjoying playing around with it. But if destruction medals are introduced, people will be actively encouraged to destroy scoops. Anyone not in the final week of a pistachio loop is going to be loading up with bumholes, and leaving clean brackets in their wake.

This leaves us with two strategies.

1, shoot everything that moves, and hope you’ve shot more than your opponents have.

2, use a visit in the last 10 seconds of a round, and hope no one else has done the same.

Neither of those are a game that’s fun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!